Urban Tribe

Thursday, September 22, 2005

This is for exercising?!

As you all know, I've just joined the Lake Shore Athletic Club up on Wabash. I love it. Hot tub, swimming pool, tennis courts, etc. It's not fancy schmancy EBC, but it's very comfortable. HOWEVER, they have the strangest exercise balls I have ever seen in my life. I absolutely cannot figure out what the phalluses on this ball are for! Clearly, it was architected by a man. A woman would have either A) made the ball pink; B) made the holds bigger; or C) made the holds shaped like rings rather than penises.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey, you're the engineer, not me! :) I see your point on stability (though we normally use one of the risers from a Reebok step). However, couldn't the product engineers have made it less...mmm...suggestive? I would also like to note that there are SIX little nubbies. How many do you have, and how much stability do your nubbies contribute?? ;)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Diva Eva said...

Maybe they are for stimulation? Promote blood circulation? No clue. Never seen one of those before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home