Urban Tribe

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Amazing Zach at Sushi Japan

Zach is a white guy who grew up in Lincoln, NE who married a nice Japanese girl and is now an awesome sushi chef. He and his wife own Sushi Japan in Omaha, NE. Its next to a tanning salon and tucked behind an Old Chicago and Sizzler. The quality of the fish and the presentation is surprisingly high. People cringe at the thought of sushi & sashimi in Nebraska, but the fish is flown in almost daily from Los Angeles. I've ate Japanese food around the world, including in Tokyo and Kyoto, SF Bay area and Los Angeles, and NYC, and Sushi Japan ranks very high on my top list.

I ate at Sushi Japan about every Tuesday for almost a year and a half. Here he is making his famous dessert roll - avocado, cream cheese, anago roll deep fried with coconut and chocolate sauce. It is amazingly good. No one ever believes me! Last week I was in Lincoln, NE for work and drove the 40 minutes each way for dinner and it was worth it.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I believe!!! Begging you to bring one back on dry ice!!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

you two are nuts!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home