Urban Tribe

Monday, December 03, 2007

Pasta Carbonara

Okay, I don’t know if you are as much a carbonara freak as I am, but it has been a personal quest to get a carbonara recipe as good as what I had in Rome. And every attempt for the past three years has been acceptable, but not authentic.

I was bemoaning this fact to one of my clients, who is a transplanted Italian, and she actually worked out the kinks in my recipe. The biggest discovery??? No cream. There is NO DAMN CREAM in carbonara. Three years, and that’s pretty much the essence of it. It's a quick, family recipe...easily made with whatever you have in the pantry (you could even substitute mushrooms or even spinach for the ham, the key is the egg sauce).

So if you get a chance, really, check this carbonara recipe out. It's the truth. It is NOT the scrambled egg, bacon, peas and cream they serve at every single Italian restaurant I've tasted in the U.S., this recipe is the closest I've had to Rome. Shizzle, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home