Urban Tribe

Friday, March 17, 2006

Potluck Proposal

Okay, it's been awhile since we've done a tribal potluck. I'd like to propose and actual schedule...once a month, on an early Sunday evening, that we get together at someone's place and each bring a new dish. I'd offer to host the first one, but I'd rather wait until the wood floors are in place and the kitchen's done. So if it's okay, I'll take May.

Who's taking April? :)

And to make it even more fun, we can each bring our recipes. Then create an Urban Tribe cookbook. I found a place that'll publish in small batches. :) We've got so many different ethnicities and cooking styles, I actually think it'd make a great cookbook.

7 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

good idea! I am happy to host the first one, but I'm hoping to be in Vietnam at the end of April.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Right! Your new place! How about April 2 at Dave's? 6p?

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Manish M. Shah said...

Neha and I are open April 2nd. That sounds like a real nice housewarming.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

I will most likely be in Lincoln, NE on that Sunday night. :( Maybe Eva can bring over some curry.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

NO. YOU CANNOT GO TO LINCOLN THAT SUNDAY.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Neh said...

Could the housewarming be pushed up to the 31st since its a Friday and if we all stay late it doesnt matter because the next day is Saturday...let me know

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

I'll over to host May's potluck...by then I should have Rick Bayless's cookbook and will be well on my way to making my very own Mole and tamales!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home