Urban Tribe

Monday, April 10, 2006

Brunch at the Delano!


04-09-06_1144.jpg
Originally uploaded by carolyn8.
Alright, so I was in Miami this past weekend for work, and I had about five hours on Sunday before my plane left to hit a couple places. I went to the Vizcaya estate, which was John Deering's winter home, and absolutely stunning. Tasteful, not ostentatious. If you're ever in Miami, it's definitely worth a visit. It feels as though you've been transported to Europe. It even SOUNDS like Versailles! After that, I cabbed it over to the Delano in South Beach. I was determined to have lunch there. Again, I was impressed by its minimalist elegance. I am so used to thinking that Miami is flash and brash, but the Delano is anything but. Definitely go for the Sunday brunch, it was $57, but it was a buffet of oysters, crab claws, caviar, and that was just the ice bar. Braised veal, lamb, soft shell crab tempura...oh my god, heaven.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

Did you get your money's worth in caviar? :)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

YES!! On these scallion bilinis with creme fraiche (sp?), I tell you, I used to hate Miami, but now I'd go back in a heartbeat!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

maybe we should plan a sunday brunch outing!!! :-)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

sounds good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home