Urban Tribe

Monday, April 03, 2006

Tribe Potluck: 4.3.06

Hey guys, it was awesome having everyone together last night…

Like I mentioned earlier, I think it would be really nice for us to create a sort of “tribal cookbook.” We’ve all got such different cooking styles and family recipes that I think it would make for a nice heirloom.  Plus, I found a place that’ll print out small batches, so maybe we can actually have a true book. However, in order for the recipe to be included, you must have cooked it for us. That said, Michelle, please forward me your hummus recipe. Neha, please forward me the bhaji (sp?) recipe. Dave, I’ll grab your jambalaya recipe and put in my sushi rolls. 

Here was the full menu:

Sushi rolls: spicy scallop, eel, avocado/cream cheese, cucumber/scallion/cream cheese
Salmon sashimi
Hummus
Bhaji (the dish, not Manish)
Jambalaya: vegetarian and chicken/sausage
Red Velvet cupcakes
Mochi: mango and green tea
Cookies and cream ice cream

Highlight of the evening: Brady repeatedly jumping off a cliff after Manish while playing Star Wars, Lego-style. I’ll try to upload the video this evening.

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Neh said...

We had a great time...great place

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Diva Eva said...

Very nice and cozy place. I particularly like the window frames and the blinds. Thanks for having us!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

how about my latkes, lasagna, cheesecake, chilaquiles, oyster mousse and paella??? haven't I made all of those for you guys??? And does the peanut mole count if only a few of you have eaten it??

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

sure!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

Well, I've cooked some stuff for you people in the past!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

True, okay fine. Any recipe that you cooked for us before can be included. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home