Urban Tribe

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kitty Update: a little devil in the making!


I am now an official cat owner as evidenced from the scratch marks I have from head to toe.

Today, Anais decided that mommy was not allowed to do anything unless it was with her. In that vein she kept fighting with her favorite toy at my feet until they were totally destroyed. Every time I played with her and then dropped toy on other side of room, she would bring it back to me, almost like a dog would so that I could play with her again.

Tomorrow will be her first vet appointment and I've decided to have vinyl claws put on her to protect my furniture. If these don't work, I'm afraid I will have to declaw since she is just way too active. So much for cats ignoring their owners most of the time. :-)

4 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Diva Eva said...

Can you get her a scraching post? I can't imagine having all my nails pulled out :(

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

she has a scratching post, but it doesn't see to make much difference. I've also gotten double-sided tape to discourage her from scratching specific places, but she just finds other ones!!!! That's why I'm hoping the nail caps will work.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

My cats never liked the twine scratching posts...I'd suggest getting a carpet one? Anais will rip that to shreds likely.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

will do

 

Post a Comment

<< Home