Urban Tribe

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A ThinkPad Update

Thanks to Manish, I learned a ton this evening. He taught me how to install drivers properly (I was stupid enough to assume that all I needed to do was execute the installation file) and how to upgrade the memory. So by the time I left the Shah's, my monitor was working properly. When I got home, I realized that the audio wasn't working. So now that driver is properly installed. And I learned that the "-s" bit at the end tells the computer to do an "unattended install." Fine by me. Additionally, since Eva mentioned it, I updated my bios, which was nervewracking as it took me into that crap-ASCI looking setup process. The only thing I need to do now is check to see if the microphone is configured properly so mom and dad can google chat with me. They're addicted. Ah, and have also decided to uninstall everything off the Dell and turn that into a music machine. It'll have all the MP3s, iTunes and Rhapsody. So that'll be a fun fall project. Okay. I've overloaded. I'm going to bed.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

Go Manish! Go Carolyn!! Now all we need is my computer fixed of it's constant wireless drops!!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

Get a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device. That way your MP3's and other less used data files can be stored in a centralized place and accessible by all your computers.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That sounds like a fun idea...I'll do that after I do the memory update. I just picked up a wireless laptop mouse, the little microsoft one. It's fantastic. And for once, totally plug n' play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home