Urban Tribe

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Boogie Boogie!

So while I was working, I had the Tour de France on (my quads burn just watching those guys climb mountains, I'm convinced I burn calories just by watching)...

Stage 15 is particularly grueling. It's 116 miles, and ends with a climb up L'Alpe d'Huez, which is basically one big bitch with tits. It has 21-hairpin bends "packed with feverish sun-drenched supporters, some screaming encouragement or obscenities, others throwing water or beer in the riders' faces."

Roadside fans have also taken to painting the street with signs of encouragement, arrows, etc., and savvy marketers have painted the names of their businesses. I happened to glance up, and lo and behold! Painted on the Alps in huge white cap letters, "BOOGIE BOOGIE!"

Manish, is this what you decided to do during your time off??

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Manish M. Shah said...

yes, among many other things, i plan on BOOGIE BOOGIE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home