Urban Tribe

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I finally remembered!!!!

OK, so this is a place I went to once years ago after serving as mistress of ceremonies at some Univision event in Little Village. Having said that, it's NOT Mexican, it's an Italian restaurant from what used to be the italian neighborhood there once upon a time. Menus change but here's a link that I found to the most recent one...they even have specific dishes that can go either veggie or meat! the food is outstanding and for the life of me I could never remember exactly where it was or what the name was whenever I wanted to suggest it. Well today, as I was on my way to the CFD event I passed it!!! Il Vicinato on Western and 24th. WE ABSOLUTELY MUST GO!!

http://chicago.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=10866&neighborhoodid=83&cuisineid=0

Il Vicinato

2435 S. Western Ave.
773-927-5444

One of several authentic Italian restaurants in the area just 15 minutes southwest of the Loop, Il Vicinato is the place to go if you like to eat till you explode. This restaurant offers delicious pasta dishes with Bolognese sauce, tremendous salads, and huge meat selections. The checkered tablecloth and the pine-paneled walls transport diners from the city of Chicago to somewhere in Northern Italy.

Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday; closed Sunday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home