Urban Tribe

Thursday, September 28, 2006

There is a God!!!


09-28-06_2035.jpg
Originally uploaded by carolyn8.
About a month ago, I threw out my last pan. I've had it for five years, and the handle was coming loose. Plus, it was a $20 wok. It definitely paid its dues.

I kept a couple pots, but I threw out the pan to force myself to buy a decent set of cookware. Everything I have made for the past month has been in a pot. It's hard, lemme tell ya.

So I've been researching and researching and researching. I had my heart set on a set of All-Clad stainless. (I have one All-Clad pot, love it.) But it was just so expensive. Then I discovered that Emeril's line of pots and pans is actually MADE by All-Clad, and it's 18/10 stainless...AND, the pan/pot handles fit my hand better. (My hands are on the small side, and it seems like most pan handles are a bit wide or heavy for me.) But alas, the 10 piece set is usually $240. A good deal, certainly, but after this year, I'm broke.

Today, I gave up. I wanted to make a pork cutlet for dinner, and you can't really do that in a pot very well. I decided to go buy yet another cheap pan at Marshalls. (Where I got my all-clad pot). Lo and behold! A 10-pc set of Emerilware for $170!!! SOLD! I LOVE THEM!!

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Goddess Michelle said...

oh wow, don't tempt me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home